Trail Embassy members are a respectful, amazing group of individuals who want to experience the outdoors together. Your safety is of utmost importance to us, therefore, please review these tips before heading out on your excursions. Your involvement will help keep the Trail Embassy community safe and enjoyable.
- Get to know your fellow ambassador and create a friendship through the Trail Embassy site first.
- Meet in a public place, like a coffee shop.
- Have a quick chat before you head out to the trail.
- You know yourself best so remember to go with your gut – if it doesn’t feel right, don’t go!
- Consider a small group run for your first outing.
- We learned this as kids, but please think twice before getting in a stranger’s car.
- Exchange photo I.D to authenticate each other – As Trail Embassy members, let’s work together to make this a standard practice, so nobody feels offended by ‘the ask.’
- Tell a friend exactly where you are going, and your expected time of return.
- If possible, run with your phone and ensure a full charge before heading out.
- Be an empowered bystander and report any misconduct, disrespectful, or suspicious behaviour by a fellow ambassador.
Here it is again in a nutshell…KNOW YOUR AMBASSADOR, ID CHECK, SHARE YOUR TRIP PLAN, CHARGE PHONE, REPORT MISCONDUCT.
- At Trail Embassy we encourage people to push themselves enjoying new terrain, but know your limits before committing to a run. Can you say STRANDED!?
- Take proper hydration and nutrition for the type of activity you are doing. (You don’t want to be jealous of a fellow ambassador’s snacks…so bring one!)
- Be aware of the local wildlife and take necessary precautions (Bug repellent, bear spray)
- Keep an eye on the weather and dress appropriately. If you are in a new region, research the kind of sudden weather changes that can occur suddenly.
- Take a light weight first-aid kit for extreme adventures. Better to be looking at it than looking for it is what we say at TE!